PURCHASING ONE OF OUR SNAKES:
- You must be at least 18 years old. If you are under 18, we will need to talk to one of your parents on the phone.
- Please make sure that it is legal to own a Boa Constrictor Imperator (Common Boa Constrictor) in your state, county, and/or city.
- We accept most debit and credit cards through Paypal (the snake(s) will only be shipped to a verified address), Personal Check, Postal Money Orders, and Cashiers Check. Click the Paypal icon on our available page if you would like to pay using Paypal.
- We offer payment plans with a non-refundable deposit of 20% of the purchase price, and the balance must be paid within 3 months (you decide how to take care of the balance amount). If the animal is not paid in full within the 3 month period, any money paid after the deposit amount will be returned in full. If the animal that you put a deposit on for some reason becomes unavailable before it has been fully paid for (we decide not to sell it, etc.), the amount of your deposit and all money applied towards the animal will be returned in full.
- We pay for shipping for all of our snakes. We ship the snake in a box that has insulated or styrofoam sides, top, and bottom. It has a heat pack on the bottom (if needed), newspaper for padding/protection, and the snake will be shipped in a snake bag with shredded newspaper inside the bag. Even though we pay for shipping, we definitely do not skimp on the packing of your new purchase! We will not feed the snake before we ship to make sure there is nothing that could be regurgitated. We want to make sure your new purchase arrives safe and sound.
- We are an approved Reptile Shipper with FedEx, and we prefer to ship to your nearest FedEx center to avoid the snake sitting in a delivery truck to it's final destination. We will ship to your home as well, but we require that someone is home to sign for the delivery. All guarantees are void if the package is left outside on your doorstep or if there is nobody available to sign for the package. We also may travel within 200 miles of our location to personally deliver the snake to you if you would like that option.
- We will wait to ship newborn snakes until they have been fed 7-10 meals and are at least 3 months old.
- We will ship only in temperatures between 40 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit to ensure the safe arrival of your snake. We also will only ship packages out on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays to avoid potential problems or delays that may occur over the weekend or on busier shipping days.
OUR GUARANTEE'S AND MISCELLANEOUS IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- All of our animals are guaranteed to be healthy, voluntarily feeding, mite free, and correctly sexed at the time of shipment. We take pride in the fact that none of the snakes in our collection have ever had a respitory infection, mites, or any medical problems. Please verify the sex of the snake promptly upon receiving the animal to ensure that it is accurate. Boas under 6 months can easily be "popped" to determine if it is a male, but there is a safer and easier method called "rolling". Rolling is done by holding the tail between your index finger and thumb (index finger on top of tail, thumb on bottom). Starting at the vent, slide the fingers back towards the tip of the tail while applying light pressure. You will feel two little bumps like BB's on the males an inch or two down, but nothing on the females. It is very easy to do, very accurate, and causes very little stress on the snake with no chance of prolapses or perforated sheaths. Females can safely be probed at 6 months old to ensure that they are indeed females. Mistakes do happen as boas initially determined to be a female have a slight chance of being a male. By purchasing a boa under the age of 6 months you are accepting this slight chance.
- If you are not 100% satisfied within 1 week of receiving the snake that you purchased from us, we will replace the animal (if we have one available), or give you a full refund. You will only have to pay the freight amount to return the animal. The replacement animal will not be sent until we are satisfied that the animal has been returned to us in good health. This guarantee is void if you provide us with an incorrect shipping address. After the 7 day period, you are completely responsible for the care and well being of the animal.
- You must notify us by email or phone immediately upon receiving the snake to confirm that you received the shipment.
- Each animal will be shipped with a numbered birth certificate with a picture of your snake, pictures of the parents, pictures of the grandparents (if available), and information about their genetics.
- Each animal will be shipped with a receipt which will also have a picture of the animal.
- If you purchase one of our snakes we will do our best to help you with any and all questions that you might have during the time that you own the snake. If we can't answer your question, we will try to point you in the right direction to get an answer.
- We truly believe that a reputation takes a lifetime to build, but it can take mere minutes to be destroyed. We will try to ensure that our reputation as a responsible and trustworthy breeder stays intact!
- The most important thing - enjoy your new purchase!